Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Literary Junkies Link Up #4

Hi my loves! I've been super MIA lately, again. School started and that has been a crazy house. Also, I'm in the process of purchasing a home. Lordy, that is some crazy stressful stuff to deal with. When I get the house I will for sure be doing before & after of the house since it is super outdated! I'm so excited.

Okay, on to the real business, today is Tuesday which means it's Literary Junkies day! I'm linking up with Taylor and Lesley for the monthly Literary Junkies link up. If you like to read you really need to join us! We read a new book every month :)
Pink Heels Pink Truck
Okay...here are this month's questions...

1) What are you reading right now? Tell us about it.
I'm reading a couple of books right now. The first one is When God Writes Your Love Story by Eric & Leslie Ludy. This book is all about handing the pen over to God instead of following your own plan. Yes, it is about finding love but it also is about just handing the pen over to God in general. I've only got maybe three or four chapters in but I'm trying to absorb what I'm reading rather than rush through it. I really like it and I would definitely recommend it for any singles out there or if you have high school aged kids, I feel like my generation could greatly benefit from this.

The second book I'm reading is part of the Bridal Quartet by Nora Roberts, I'm on book two which is, Bed of Roses. I've only got through a few pages on this book. The first book from the quartet, Vision in White, I flew through but I haven't had any time to read lately! It's depressing.

2) Give us the recipe for a good book.
This is actually kinda tough to answer! I feel like all the books I read are all along the same lines. Most of what I read is for fun so it's all chick-lit. Other than that you can pretty much forget me reading a book!

3) Tell us things you've learned from a book recently. Did you learn anything about history? Did you take away a deep and profound realization about the world around you? Or maybe even a beauty tip?
The most recent thing I've learned has probably come from When God Writes Your Love Story. It really opens your eyes to the kind of relationships God can provide, romantically or not. It's very encouraging to strengthen the relationships in your life that struggle.

4) What was your favorite book as a child? 
My favorite book as a kid was probably The Old Black Witch. I made my grandma read this to me all the time! So cute. My copy that I have was my Mom's when she was little so it's literally falling apart and has been duct taped together!

Hope y'all enjoyed this! What was your favorite book as a child?
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of When God Writes Your Love Story, but I'm really interested! Thanks for introducing me to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVED the Bride Quartet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Bride Quartet! Mac was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of When God Writes Your Love Story, but it sounds like an amazing book! I totally know what you mean by slowing down to absorb what you're reading. I tend to rush through books instead of taking time to learn something from what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete

I love each and every one of your comments. They make my day & I will reply back to all of you and visit your blog too :) Have a fabulous day♥