Thursday, July 19, 2012

theBalm = The Bomb

Hey girls! This post is kind of a review/heads up on an awesome sale happening Friday! If any of you have ever shopped at Hautelook you know how amazing some of their deals are. Usually you can find clothes, makeup, home goods, personal care products, and designer goods at up to 75% off. 

Well if you have ever used or heard of theBalm they are going to be featured on Hautelook tomorrow (Friday July 20 at 6a.m. Pacific!) Run, don't walk to your computer at this time! First, I think the packaging for their products is adorable. Second, the pigmentation and quality of these products are so nice. Lastly, almost any product you get has some serious versatility. Besides the lipsticks and their palette I think almost all of their other products can be used on at least two different places on your face. Seriously, I have three products to tell you about to give you an idea of their quality and types of makeup they have. 
First up is Stainiac. It is a stain for your lips and cheeks but in a gel like formula. I got this product in a recent Birchbox and the shade is Beauty Queen. It's a rosy red and it really does stain your lips. Even working at the cleaners where it is 90 million degrees I found that the stain stayed put and didn't bleed or fade. The full size product is 0.3oz. and retails for $17.00

Next up is a GORGEOUS highlighter/shadow/luminizer. Hence the name Mary-Lou Manizer. First off the packaging of this product is so cute. Second, there is a TON of product and it is fairly versatile. I use this on my cheeks as a highlight and also in my inner corner. However, I think it would be a beautiful color all over the lid or as a brow bone highlight. One of the main reasons I love this highlighter so much is because the tone of it works with my very fair skin and doesn't look to white on me. It is quite shimmery (not glittery) so you might be turned off by that but I think it would look beautiful on just about any skin tone. The full size product is 0.3oz and retails for $24.00 
Last is probably one of the best eyeshadow palettes I have seen. I believe this palette is very comparable to the Naked palette by Urban Decay (I own it as well) and some of the shades are dupes. This palette does have a stark white and some more pink shades but the right half of the palette looks similar to Naked. The brush included in this palette is nothing to rave about and the packaging is similar to Naked in the fact that it also has a mirror on top and the magnetic closure. I like that you can use the Nude 'Tude palette for day or night looks and it has a variety of shimmer, matte, and glitter shades. My personal favorite shades are Stand-Offish, Schitzo, Silly, Sophisticated, Sultry, and Selfish. The palette retails for $36.00 and is usually on Hautelook for $18.00 I believe! 

The products I plan on snatching tomorrow are some of their blushes and maybe the Time Balm concealer. I really want Hot Mama, Down Boy, Frat Boy, and Cabana Boy blush but I'm going to try to limit myself so my paycheck isn't gone the same day I get it! Let me know what products y'all love by theBalm and if you plan on picking any up! 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love each and every one of your comments. They make my day & I will reply back to all of you and visit your blog too :) Have a fabulous day♥